You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.

carseat tipping
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> Parenting OTRMessage format

amypixie
Posted 2009-11-16 1:48 PM (#2833)
Subject: carseat tipping

Hi everybody, my almost three year old is in a front facing carseat. We have been strapping her in at the booth dinette in her carseat where we only have lap belts. Anyway, when we make a sharp turn her carseat starts to tip over. Any suggestions on how to make her more secure without spending a whole bunch of money? I was thinking even a booster seat might be better because it doesn't sit so high but she is teeny tiny so I know that technically she doesn't weigh enough to legally be in one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
activated
Posted 2009-11-19 7:03 AM (#2870 - in reply to #2833)
Subject: Re: carseat tipping

Been a while since I've had one in a car seat. But have you tried putting things next to the seat to prevent tipping? Cushions, towels, stuffed animals...
amypixie
Posted 2009-11-19 7:09 AM (#2871 - in reply to #2870)

Nope, haven't tried that one. I can see it helping on the right side closest to the window but I don't know how much help it would be on the other side with so much space for stuff to roll around.
BlessedJourney
Posted 2009-11-19 3:49 PM (#2879 - in reply to #2833)

This may sound odd and it may not even work but -- could you get a bungee cord and run it through the back (like where the lap belt goes except higher up on the seat) then take the two ends of the bungee and run them up over the back of the booth seat to the underside of the outside of the back of the booth seat? -- That sounded really confusing but do you get what I mean at all? In my mind it seems like it could totally work... Or a very short bungee cord with one of the hooks in the back top of the carseat with the other hook under the back of the booth -- is there a place for the hook to "catch"?

Edited by BlessedJourney 2009-11-19 3:50 PM
taetae
Posted 2012-05-28 7:57 PM (#7469 - in reply to #2833)

what blessed said sounds like a good idea if you use something sturdier than a bungee
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software