You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are for. John A. Shedd

Children on the road
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> IntroductionsMessage format

dreamer2014
Posted 2014-01-22 9:26 PM (#7788)
Subject: Children on the road

My family is thinking about full time rving for a year or so. My husband will be moving with his job. My son 12, is already home schooling. The question is that we will be going to New Jersey and two of the campgrounds said no children during school time. Is this normal? One even said June 14th was the earliest they could come. What if you get out in May?? This was very confusing and made me think maybe I can't live in an rv in NJ. I wasn't planning on staying at the same camp for long because they have a law about living there. I'm from PA so I figured we would stay both places, but NJ is closer. Any replies would be helpful. Why would the campgrounds care? If anyone has stayed with no hassles in NJ that would be great.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Pdemichiel
Posted 2014-01-23 4:21 PM (#7789 - in reply to #7788)
Subject: Re: Children on the road

Welcome to families on the road.

Some campgrounds are age restricted such as 55+ over, but I have not heard of many that regulate children. I have camped in NJ many times with my kids and have not experienced this. I would recommend looking for another campground since the managers have already expressed their policy. Look at some membership campgrounds. Some families will stay at campgrounds with kids even if they say no children. Out of sight, out of mind, but this can cause problems if management finds out.

Best of luck,
dreamer2014
Posted 2014-01-24 9:03 AM (#7790 - in reply to #7788)

Thank you so much for responding. The campground wasn't against children, just during the school year. I researched this more and I think people were trying to use campgrounds as homes and enrolling their children in school there. I won't be staying in these campgrounds, but I just don't want to be hassled. I want this experience to be fun for my son and my husband. I am the adventurer in the family.
Pdemichiel
Posted 2014-01-27 12:40 AM (#7791 - in reply to #7790)

Not hassled is the key. Have fun.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software