You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.

ex-husband all the sudden involved
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> Parenting OTRMessage format

KatieC
Posted 2012-08-27 1:26 PM (#7618)
Subject: ex-husband all the sudden involved

Hi everyone
So we were headed out to leave first of September, plans finalized, house rented. Ex-husband steps in and says he does not agree with plans (even though he will still see them on all scheduled visits), that it is not safe and even convinced a judge that living in a travel trailer was unsafe...especially considering that they could now live with him in his stick built house that always has running water. Now I am stuck and even with pictures of the travel trailer the judge has ordered a hearing..in three months. Any suggestions? If we continue with plans I risk having a judge take my kids because it is not "normal." We have been homeschooling for three years and he is fighting that now too...I got that covered though.
Thanks
Katie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SarasynFox
Posted 2012-08-28 11:37 AM (#7620 - in reply to #7618)
Subject: Re: ex-husband all the sudden involved

I don't have any advice, but I'd be interested to hear how things work out. I've got an ex on the scene too and I fear he's going to react the same way. He would probably have more frequent visitations than he currently has now, given he lives half the country away and hasn't even seen the kids in two and a half years, so one would think he'd be on board, but he's looking at anything I do as an excuse to try and take the kids.

The best advice I can give? Take stories from the people who blog about their journeys. Bring proof to the judge that living and traveling the way you choose isn't a detriment to the kids, but an asset. Further, if you can provide the judge with a solid plan of action, where you plan to go, how long you plan to stay there, how the kids will benefit, that should go in your favor too. I'd plan out your next year of travel in as much detail as possible. If you don't stick to the plan later, that's not such a big deal, but the judge will feel more comfortable if you can give him a solid, well thought out, and understandable plan.
KatieC
Posted 2012-08-28 11:52 AM (#7621 - in reply to #7620)

I will keep you up to date. You would think my ex would be excited too...it benefits him too...but he is looking for a reason to take kids. We have everything planned...but I like your idea about others blogs to show the benefits!
KatieC
Posted 2012-11-11 10:01 AM (#7647 - in reply to #7618)

Just wanted to give everyone an update... We had to postpone moving into the rv. Apparently, the judge where I am at is not too fond of us living in an rv full time. So what we have done is move into a friends stick built house and parked the rv outside her house. We can travel in the rv for a couple weeks at a time and then come back for the boys visitation...during the time we are here we have to stay in the stick built house. We have taken one trip and are planning another (court dates have overwhelmed us) Plus they have made my kids get outside testing for grade level to prove that I am doing a good job homeschooling. What I have come to realize in all of this is that the ex is just jealous of our plans and wishes he could do it
debnyberg
Posted 2013-02-03 4:49 PM (#7715 - in reply to #7647)

You need to try to get your kids enrolled in online public education. Hard to dispute their education when enrolled in a public school. Here is a link to one. http://www.k12.com/schools-programs/online-public-schools#.UQ7ojaXB...

My daughter is an advanced student, gifted and talented. We are Texas residents and she will be enrolled in the Texas online public school for the rest of her years. The link to Texas Connections Academy is http://www.connectionsacademy.com/texas-houston-school/home.aspx

Good luck.
Deb Nyberg http://www.debnyberg.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software