You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "You can never go home again, but the truth is you can never leave home, so it's all right." - Maya Angelou

Extra Vehicle?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reving Up and Raring To Go -> Getting ReadyMessage format

KatieC
Posted 2012-07-22 8:34 AM (#7560)
Subject: Extra Vehicle?

We are getting on the road full time the first of September, we will be traveling in a Class C; however, the question is now...what do we do with our vehicles. We will need one for sure to keep at my mothers for when we are in town, but his vehicle cannot hold us all. If we sell our 12 passenger van then we do not have that payment but nothing to hold us all. Is it that important to have a car to hold us all? His concern is doctors appts ect. that we will all want to go to. How has your families worked this out? His vehicle is paid and old so the taxes are cheap.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
raw
Posted 2012-07-22 12:25 PM (#7562 - in reply to #7560)
Subject: Re: Extra Vehicle?

Been there too, Katie. It is a dilemna for us every time we move again (we live on the road and have moved over a hundred times as a family). I don't know that I can give any good advice, I have learned that I definitely prefer to travel light and rent a vehicle the odd time or take advantage of membership in a co-op if there is one where you are heading. The more we move around the lighter I want to be. I have regret for some of the vehicles I have sold, mainly for the low prices we had to let them go for, or because a couple of them were stolen in the process of selling. This time I am thinking that the price we sell the vehicles for will ultimately determine which vehicle we continue to own and which sells, so I posted them all for sale.
Now, I do set the most comfortable vehicle which has the best airconditioning and heating and most space for everyone at a higher end of the market value while the others get a rock bottom pricing. That way, whatever we are left with, I wo't be kicking myself forever like I have in the past!
Lower payments mean way less financial stress, but if you can afford a higher level of comfort and convenience, why let go of what you are already finding works well for you? In most cases, it is difficult to replace at the price you sold for.
Hope this helps.... I wish you very many blessings in your quest to make the right decision. I do know that I have never complained about a 12 passenger vehicle.
Just a thought, sell everything and replace with one cheap old vehicle with enough seats for all?!
Best of both worlds for you! No?
KatieC
Posted 2012-07-22 2:02 PM (#7569 - in reply to #7562)

I agree with everything..we just don't know if the big vehicle will be needed...
By the way we are trying to eat a mostly raw diet...any suggestions
raw
Posted 2012-07-27 9:56 AM (#7583 - in reply to #7569)

Do you have a vitamix? We use it for almost every meal. We make raw smoothies blending fruits and veggies, we make raw soups all the time! We use plenty of pure spices in everything for health. I personally like the same things every day, but I keep changing it up for the children to not get bored.
I never do a fruit salad, if I eat apples for lunch, I eat apples until I am full of apples.
The key is to be prepared, because you will eat more food and you will get to your natural body weight if you aren't already.
I don't find it to be a challenge personally, but if you do, remember that every raw meal is better than a cooked one and it isn't all or nothing - and it seems like you already understand that!

Just a note if you have vegan children, they do not grow in growth spurts, only steadily, so it is almost entertaining to watch meateating children grow in spurts (possibly due to growth hormones in their food I was told by a cow farmer).

Please don't anyone take anything I am saying personally, I respect your food choices equally to how much you respect mine.
My MIL kicked her serious diabetes by going raw - so monitor drug intake carefully as you detox and heal your body and the people you feed!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software