You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.
- (Added by: nightraven930)

A Plan Coming Together (:
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reving Up and Raring To Go -> Getting ReadyMessage format

bunchofyoders
Posted 2012-07-11 2:52 PM (#7543)
Subject: A Plan Coming Together (:

Well, here's my little RV fantasy: (We have to wait to hit the road until the youngest of my stepsons graduates this coming school year and he moves out, which will most likely be soon after graduation). Right now, buy a rig that doesn't need too much work, fix it up. After #3 graduates, move out of our rental house and into the RV at a local campground for the remainder of my husband's "busy season" at work. The "season" at the campground runs from April-October, and I think my husband's work starts slowing down in October. We'd be squirreling money away all summer, then the day after Christmas, hit the road. "The Plan" is not so clear between when the campground closes down and Christmas, but I'm sure we could work something out...if nothing else, take off for warmer climate for a couple months, then come back for a week or so for family holiday stuff, then off we go again. Then, we plan on being OTR until the end of March or April. If we decide we don't like it, we can settle into an apartment or something when we get back. If we do like it....and I think we will...we can park at the local campground again and repeat the plan. I'd rather be fulltiming, but just not sure how we could do it and make a living on the road. I'm a SAHM, and my husband doesn't have a career that "travels" necessarily. I'd love to get some kind of internet thing going, but nothing in the works there yet.

I'm just excited to have some kind of plan forming, and one that won't completely freak out our families, since my husband would still have a job. I don't know if I'm thrilled about living at the local campground, but for the cost of a couple of months of rent in our house and a fraction of our utility costs, we can pay for a season of camping there and save a decent amount of $ for living on the road. I'm sooo excited! The only drawback to this is that I'm also a beginning violin student and I don't want to stop taking lessons. I talked to my teacher today...he comes to my house, so it's not like a class with lots of students, and I'm thinking I could video my practices and email them to him and we could (hopefully) connect via webcam once a week to continue my lessons.

And of course, if #3 decides to live here longer, then that plan will be on hold. I'm half tempted to push him out of the nest so we can go flying LOL. But, I don't want to be mean either. We'll see how it goes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bunchofyoders
Posted 2012-07-11 2:54 PM (#7544 - in reply to #7543)
Subject: Re: A Plan Coming Together (:

Well, I suppose if we lived in the RV all the time that is technically "fulltiming", but what I meant by that was on the road full time, not back at "home base" working for several months out of the year. (:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software