You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” - Mark Twain

Elkhart County, Indiana: "RV Capital of the World"
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Events & Destinations -> Great Lakes - USAMessage format

bunchofyoders
Posted 2012-07-01 10:41 PM (#7515)
Subject: Elkhart County, Indiana: "RV Capital of the World"

This is my home area, if anyone is passing through we'd love to meet you and see your rig, particularly if you built it yourself or converted a bus, as this is what wr'd like to do.

Thete's a lot of RV mfg's hete and some do tours. We wrnt to a Jayco plant in Middlebury with a homeschool group field trip once, it was neat! There's also the RV/MH museum amd a lot of Amish, at least in our neck of the woods. There's some festivals coming up this summer too. Hete's a link that has some info: http://www.your-rv-lifestyle.com/Elkhart.html

Sure hope to meet some FOTR some day!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Collierx6
Posted 2012-07-06 4:23 PM (#7525 - in reply to #7515)
Subject: Re: Elkhart County, Indiana: "RV Capital of the World"

We were on the way to Paoli last month, and the kids spotted a couple of Amish youths in a buggy on highway 37. You would have thought tthey saw a movie star. They were hollering and waving, and the poor boys were perplexed.... It was quite funny!!!!
bunchofyoders
Posted 2012-07-06 6:25 PM (#7526 - in reply to #7525)

Lol! we always know the tourists around here - there the ones taking photos of amish buggies, amish farms, amish people - but the amish don't like their pictures taken!
Collierx6
Posted 2012-07-06 6:58 PM (#7527 - in reply to #7515)

They got all excited, and started hollering, LOOK LOOK, it's A REAL AMISH PERSON!!!! Then as we went down the road, it just degraded into the people that hate Electricity. The people who don't like Thomas Edison, etc. They weren't angry about it but just trying to figure out a lifestyle that was so primitive to them. Was a great learning experience! :)

Edited by Collierx6 2012-07-06 7:00 PM
bunchofyoders
Posted 2012-07-07 9:03 AM (#7530 - in reply to #7527)

Lol! That's awesome (: I love those spontaneous teachable moments. My husband's dad's side of the family is amish and the first time i went to one of his aunts house i was shocked - i expected "little house on the prairie" style living, but they had a refrigerator and a real bathroom lol.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software