You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Little by little, one travels far. J.R.R. Tolkien

States with time limits as non resident?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> RoadschoolingMessage format

ninepegs
Posted 2012-06-05 9:58 AM (#7476)
Subject: States with time limits as non resident?

We are in the planning phase of traveling with our 6 children. My husband will be signing on with some traveling nurse companies which would land us in a given area for 13 weeks at a time. We don't currently plan to do any "back to back" contracts, but that is a outlying possibility. We will continue our "residency" in Missouri where we currently live. I plan to follow the HS laws of MO. My question is this: Where can I find information on various states as far as how long you can stay as a non resident - specifically as it relates to school ? I have done alot of looking and reading but this is one item that I cannot seem to get much information on. I am assuming that there are states that expect that after ___ weeks/months that we have automatically subjected ourselves to their rules regarding homeschools. This topic is the last one that I need to conquer and the one that causes me the most stress. Most families that I can find on the web do not stay in one location for 13 weeks at a time, so Im at a loss here. Thanks in advance for any direction or even anecdotal info that you can share with me.

Tracy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Collierx6
Posted 2012-06-06 1:14 AM (#7480 - in reply to #7476)
Subject: Re: States with time limits as non resident?

That is a grey area! I know of many that has a 30 day max, some I have heard 2 weeks, others, they look by the number of days you have been in the state within the "year". Though, if you are contracted and just passing through, I don't believe that you have to re-register everything, including school every 13 weeks. I know I had the same concern, when I was a vendor at several locations, where I would have had to be at the location between 24 to 30 days. It was just a stop over, not a settle in. Keep looking. I bet you could call the school district that you lan on resideing within and ask them. Explain that you are on "temporary assignment" and will be moving on after the contract is up. see what they say. I think the first question is going to be where your dl is, and where you would go back to, once the assignment is over....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software