You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out - which is the exact opposite." Jean-Paul Sartre

Fellow home birthing mommies...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> Parenting OTRMessage format

mathewsfamily
Posted 2012-02-26 11:36 AM (#7353)
Subject: Fellow home birthing mommies...

I had my son at home, but we are going to be hitting the road in August. I was just wondering if any of you full time mommies had a "trailer" birth, and how did you do it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
5onWheels
Posted 2012-02-27 10:43 PM (#7356 - in reply to #7353)
Subject: Re: Fellow home birthing mommies...

Hi,
we did not have a home birth. But trust me, don't worry to much. Our last daughter was born on one of the coldest days in Sweden in 2009, had to rush through 18" fresh Snow to get to the hospital. Then running back to the house just firing the Heater, so the house stayed at least at 60. Sounds all crazy, but in hindsight it was all fun and just enjoy this special time.
Wish you the best of Luck.
Mike, Nikki & Kids
mathewsfamily
Posted 2012-02-28 11:19 AM (#7362 - in reply to #7353)

I have already had one at home, but I don't want to go to the hospital just because we are full timers. If anyone has had a trailer birth experience I would love to know how it went. I'm guessing a midwife can come to you whether I'm in a stick house or in a trailer house.
5onWheels
Posted 2012-03-01 9:24 AM (#7364 - in reply to #7362)

True, sorry just wanted to give some kind words. Though it may have been your first.
The best of luck to you.
Collierx6
Posted 2012-03-02 10:33 AM (#7371 - in reply to #7353)

I believe Dana just had their 13th in their rv. I wish she would stop by and comment, I can't think of her blog site. "Blessed12" if I am not mistaken. Sweet family. Lots to learn from them!!!
oneeyesquare
Posted 2012-03-05 11:13 AM (#7372 - in reply to #7353)

^ http://ticknortribe.blogspot.com/ ^ A great reminder to me that there is plenty of room for 4 people.....

Edited by oneeyesquare 2012-03-05 11:13 AM
mathewsfamily
Posted 2012-03-08 7:07 PM (#7376 - in reply to #7353)

Thank you so much everyone for your help. 5onwheels thank you for your kind words. They are always appreciated!!
Human_Being
Posted 2012-03-14 5:09 PM (#7389 - in reply to #7376)

Hi!

I am a combo of the question and the replies you have here! I am an American home birth midwife from Florida, and currently live in Sweden! We are looking at taking to the road come summer July 2012 (we go to Boulder, CO for a July 4th wedding, hope to get going then). I was perusing the forum and saw this question, so I registered to reply.

If you can plan where you will be, just contact your local home birth midwife. Make arrangements to get check ups on the road with midwives along the way, keep your own records, and have a caregiver lined up for when you are close to birthing.

I have done births in trailers and for families living full time on sail boats. If you have a place to sleep, it is big enough to birth in! (I mean how big is a hospital birth room anyway, not very!) You need access to water, a toilet, and a phone/ vehicle you can leave with in case of emergency transfer. I have done births for travelers that come at the end of pregnancy- circus performers are common in my part of the country, so I have helped lion tamers, trapeze artists, and also had people from overseas ashrams, Germany, and Kansas(!) just rent condos on the beach near by my birthing center so they could get the quality of birth care they were looking for.

You could plan to be near a freestanding birth center like the one I ran (http://www.rosemarybirthinghome.com/). Then you can have a nice tub for waterbirthing. Or you could go have Ina May Gaskins help with your birth- park your RV The Farm in Tennessee where the new home birth midwifery movment was born from their bus caravan in the 60's. They have birth cabins and take visitors for birth. http://www.thefarmmidwives.org/

I am planning on offering mobile midwifery services. The schedule of care and guidance I used in my midwifery practice can be conveyed from a distance, and while in Europe I have gained a lot of experience supporting people away from home/ expats in pregnancy. If you want my support or help, let me know, maybe I can help you have a happy healthy supported, pregnancy, and you can help me launch a mobile midwifery practice that helps us stay on the road. I post all kinds of informative parenting and birthy things on my midwifery facebook account at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002065006972, anyone is welcome to subscribe. You can send me messages here or by FB message there.

Edited by Human_Being 2012-03-14 5:21 PM
featherstory
Posted 2012-04-24 12:46 AM (#7412 - in reply to #7389)

That's awesome Human_Being, someday I wish to do work like yours as well. I was considering getting an Rv to birth in with my last birth but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get it all in order in time...I did however talk to many midwives about helping and most that I talked to were on board.
mathewsfamily
Posted 2012-04-24 4:35 PM (#7417 - in reply to #7353)

Thank you so much for your response. That was very informative and very helpful. I will check out all the websites!
redneckhippiechick
Posted 2012-05-08 6:58 PM (#7425 - in reply to #7353)

Hi there! I am a home birthing mommy. I didn't have mine on theroad and I don't plan to have my next on the road either (not that I am opposed to it) but I would say Human Being had some good advice. I do know my midwife would deliver you if you had regular prenatal care and records, so if you are in Florida near your 40 week mark you could look her up. She has delivered babies in lots of "unusual" places as well. I was due July 18th last year and wanted to go to a race (in the RV) 4 hours away at 38 weeks and she said she would drive to me and deliver in the RV if I went into labor. I didn't get so lucky, lol. My kiddo decided to make me wait until the 27th before she made her debut. Feel free to message me for her info if you want it.
mathewsfamily
Posted 2012-05-09 3:44 PM (#7429 - in reply to #7353)

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful responses. I found a midwife who is going to help us along the way! Has a mini birthing tub and everything!!! I'm due at the beginning of December. I will keep you all posted!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software