You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: There are no bad days when camping

sweet 16 birthday while on the road
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Home on Wheels -> Parenting OTRMessage format

joyfull
Posted 2011-11-16 2:48 PM (#7171)
Subject: sweet 16 birthday while on the road

I need some ideas. My daughter is turning 16 next month - yikes! She wants some sort of party with a few friends. If we were in a sticks and bricks, I would have all kinds of ideas on how to throw a great, inexpensive party at home, the key word being inexpensive! We really don't have the space for that now!!! We will be back though our home town for her birthday, so I should be able to do something. The questions is...what?

Please share any ideas you might have or experiences with this situation.

Thanks in advance
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wbmoore2
Posted 2011-11-16 3:19 PM (#7172 - in reply to #7171)
Subject: Re: sweet 16 birthday while on the road

I dont know the weather where you will be, but one thought is to have the teens meet at a park and have games like volley ball, frisbee, horseshoes, touch football, etc, maybe make and fly kites. Maybe take them geo caching - or hide some things your self and send them to hunt for them, or send them in groups on a hunt for locations or stuff or situations to take pictures of and return by a certain time? Followed by a movie night with redbox DVDs and popcorn at the RV, maybe letting them make pizza, caramel candy apples and/or cookies? charades, pictionary, yatzee, or other board games might work too. maybe a show and tell about places she's visited since going RV? I know my daughter wouldnt mind a fishing party. :) but she's probably unique in that area.

Edited by wbmoore2 2011-11-16 3:21 PM
featherstory
Posted 2012-04-24 12:52 AM (#7413 - in reply to #7171)
Subject: Re: sweet 16 birthday while on the road

I don't have experience, but I think maybe you could set up tents outside of the RV and host a carnival with inexpensive attractions/booths, like fortune telling, henna tattoos, lei-making, and allow them to take pictures "dressed up" in the last booth...they could also camp out, outside and have a bonfire and hoola hoops, perhaps even hula hoop making?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software