You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: There are no bad days when camping

Music
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Working on the Road -> What do you do?Message format

Ken
Posted 2011-07-27 1:30 PM (#6843)
Subject: Music

I'm a musician and I have 3 sons that are also musicians. We were wondering if there were any other families out there or people who play music for an income. Also, if any would be interested in traveling together and putting on shows or live concerts for donations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
margielundy
Posted 2011-07-27 11:47 PM (#6844 - in reply to #6843)
Subject: Re: Music

We only do it for fun (drums & guitar) and the only 1 out of 5 of us who can actually sing is too shy to! I know I've seen a few musicians around, but I think one just got off the road? Boy, I'm not really sure. Hopefully they'll catch this though and pop in to be helpful, since I'm not.
Mandomom
Posted 2011-10-01 2:26 PM (#7019 - in reply to #6843)

This is what we are going to do. In a pinch, my husband has even located many areas across the country where busking is legal, safe, and even welcome. Not that I want to rely on busking, but in truth, it's pretty fun! The kids love it.
Allroader
Posted 2011-10-02 3:05 PM (#7022 - in reply to #7019)

Hi,
Don't know anything about the legal aspect of this, but with living of it. Are you already doing it at home, could you live of that income. That should be your answer. Of course their will be areas where people have more money to give and some areas where people don't have much and will only give little.
So can't really help you, but if you believe you can, why not. At least that is my way of thinking.
Good Luck
raw
Posted 2012-05-22 1:22 PM (#7445 - in reply to #6843)

I would be focusing on tourist areas during tourist seasons!!
featherstory
Posted 2012-06-13 10:32 PM (#7495 - in reply to #6843)

When I first went on the road we did busking, mostly. It was pretty reliable. You might not know much you'd get everyday, but if you stayed there for a considerable time you'd get about the same on a weekly basis. I've been toying with the idea of playing and recording music with people, as well as sound healing.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software